Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 5 at Sol Nascente :D

Hey Peeps!

Today was a great last day in Sol Nasciente!! We had our last VBS this morning, and last medical clinic. This afternoon, we had a service in the church. We witnessed the first baptisms and first communion. It was an awesome experience. Last night, we went on our 2nd gator hunt!!! I was almost eaten by a 15 footer.....just kidding!!! We did catch a 5 footer, and I held it!! That thing would make some awesome cowgirl boots!! Tomorrow we will travel all day. We are going to have a party rockin' 4th of July, while cruisin' on the Amazon River. HOLLA!!! Yes, we are going to stop at Stuckey's on the Amazon! We get the great privilege of scootin' around Manaus on Thursday. Holla, again. It's sort of bittersweet having to leave these people, but I will return if the Lord wills. Thanks to everyone for supporting this trip, whether through prayers, or financially. I hope all is well at home, and Happy 4th of July, everyone!! God Bless 'Merica!

P.S. Papa Jay (Big Bad Wolf) told me to blog for him, and say hey!

I'll be home soon,

George of the Jungle.

Well George pretty much summed everything up. And I agree completely that the being able to watch the first communions and baptisms was an awesome experience. It was so sweet, God is so awesome. Papa Jay informed us that a few years ago, the A team was standing around an empty foundation, praying for a church. This afternoon, we had a service in that church that the team prayed for two years ago. I dont know why we ever doubt God's power or ability. He can do anything He wills. This trip has been a huge reminder to me of just that. God is SO powerful and mighty. His purpose for me, for my team, for yall is so much bigger than ourselves. Going on a missions trip, always reminds me of how selfish I am. Ugh, it just makes me sick. These people, they have barely anything but yet are so content. I thank God for continuely bringing me to my knees and reminding me of how I am in desperate need of a Saviour. Trust. Trusting God is so important. Sometimes, I get discouraged. "Why wont ALL these people just believe? Why dont they get that God loves them so much and wants a relationship with them?" I need to, I have to, trust that God is mighty to save. Because He is. So, now we are on our way to Manaus. As George said, it is bittersweet. "Although we Ameicans are leaving, God never will." (Jordan quote) Anywho...boa noite to all.

-Emily (Flipper)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Em,
    So encouraging to hear how God has impressed on your heart His same jealous love for His people. You are right...God is amazing! He'll keep revealing Himself to you, the team, our church family, and all those who call unto Him (Jeremiah 33:3) and those who place their trust in Him as their Savior and Lord. I love you and can't wait to hear more. Praying for safe travels home. Stay away from the gators!!! Jk.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete