Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 1 Blog

Hello, Readers!  We have officially been in the Amazon since Friday afternoon, and God has already been working and moving immensely amongst our group and the people of Brazil!  Friday night upon our arrival, we performed a "flash mob" scene in the Manaus Mall and invited people to attend our concert the next evening and tonight's performance we will have in Parintins. 
 
Yesterday, our groups had the opportunity to do ministry along the Amazon River.  Three of our groups went to villages and ministered to the people there through VBS, and men's/women's ministry.  The other group went to an orphanage and painted all day while loving on beautiful kids!  Below is an excerpt I've asked one of our students on our boat to share about her experience yesterday in one of the villages:
 
"I was so nervous for going to the village today but God definitely tore down all the barriers between us, the kids, adults, and the village.  I absolutely fell in love with the people.  It was so hard to leave.  A little girl name Susianna gave me a neckalce and told me to never forget about her, it seriously broke my heart (in a good way).  I've really been considering being a missionary lately because God has been placing it on my heart so much, but I've been nervous.  My life changed today...I will never forget Susianna and the people I met and made relationships with." -Barbara Pascale
 
Then last night, we had a concert with 3,000 in attendance at New Baptist Church in Manaus.  There were 18 decisions made for Christ last night in result, and God truly moved through our students' performance and attitudes.  We had the privilege of getting to talk with many Brazilian teenagers after the performance, and our students were truly blessed to be able to learn from and minister to them. 
 
Please be praying for our performance tonight and be on the lookout for our post tomorrow!  God Bless from the Linda Esperanca!

No comments:

Post a Comment