Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 3 at Sol Nascente and Bucuzal

Hey y'all!

There have been so many memories made on this trip. Georgianna fell out of her hammock one night...then Emily fell out last night. So many new inside jokes have been created. It is fantastic. But what is even better is the work God is doing here. I don't know if it is because I have been here now 3 times, if I am noticing it more, or if there is a real concentrated presence of God in my life and here in the lake. I believe it is the third one. There seems to be more hearts that are open and willing to receive Christ. Combined with people who are literally pouring their lives into and sacrificing everything for the sake of Christ, amazing sermons, and fantastic personal testimonies of God's goodness, the Word of God is making a huge impact. His work (even though it may take years) and Word NEVER come back void.

The translators and crew are fantastic. I think this is the best group I have ever worked with. I am building some amazing relationships. These people are incredible. Their testimonies of God's work is phenomenal. I am blown away.

Mom, I am fine. I haven't gotten sick, nor have I forgotten anything. Ok, I take that back. I forgot a flashlight...but then I realized I have the flashlight app on my phone. :) I did slice my toe open in the first village (Divino) right before lunch. I was walking past some tiles in the community center...and they went right between my 3rd and 4th toes. But everything is fine. :) You can see the scar when I return. And, if I come back with a child............don't blame me. I have already picked him out. ;) Oh, and I thought I had lice today. I was doing girls' hair in Bucuzal and several had lice. So, I skipped the service to treat my hair. Turns out that I did not have any. Huzzah!

Now, I want to encourage y'all to prayer. Whether you are family, friends, subscribers to the blog, etc....pray pray pray. It is so powerful. The prayers that were sent up before arriving have been answered...and are continuing to be answered. Be praying for continued open hearts. Tomorrow, we minister to Sol Nascente for 2 days. Georgianna, Emily, Laura, Becky, and I will be working with the teenage girls. This is the ministry that has been on my heart and quite a burden for me. These girls have no interest in the gospel....even after 3 years of coming here. Pray that the Lord will use us mightily for His work. Pray that their eyes will be opened. Pray it will be fruitful....whether to full fledge faith, or tiny seeds planted/watered. I am on my knees about it...and I encourage you to do the same.

It is hot. It is humid. It is cold at night. It is hard work. It is tiring. But, it is beautiful. I would not trade a single moment of seeing God's goodness for a moment of AC (even though it is tempting). I have so many pictures (no, Mom...I haven't lost my camera...aka phone. Ha.) and I can't wait to post them on Facebook! I may even put several on my blog along with stories. So, when we return, be looking for it!

Love y'all! PRAY!

Jordan

P.S: Mom, can you please send this link to Elaine, people at Eastwood, and possibly David? Thanks.

 

Greetings from the J.U.N.G.L.E!

This has been the BEST trip yet! I can honestly say that the success of this trip is because of the constant prayers on our behalf. Please continue to pray ferverently, as we still have much work ahead of us. I am going to mirror Jordan's comment on the memories and inside jokes, so many have been created. It is a bit overwhelming to see the many ways God is working here in the Amazon. It is even more overwhelming to think that God is working in so many more ways that I cannot see. God has worked in my life these past few days with drawing me closer to himself, and falling deeper in love with him.

Mom and Dad, I am fine! Hopefully I will not come home infested with chiggers this year. I just returned from Alligator hunting. It was fantastic!

I love everyone so much! Keep praying!

Love your Amazon Woman,

Georgianna :)

 

Querido(a)s, (Dears)

We had a great day today! It was long and busy, but we feel as though our day was a huge success! This morning we dedicated the baptismal font, the communion trays and the rocking chairs to the church at Sol Nascente. This is the church that our missionaries, Erika and Vanderlay serve. The ladies in the church have a sewing ministry that supports the church and some of us bought rugs and dish towels. We had a service there this morning where Jay's mother and Walker Lee sang and Sadler accompanied on the guitar, "God is my Shepherd". It was great. We moved on to another village where we set up the clinics and had VBS. We had lots of folks that lined up to see the doctors and the dentists. VBS was standing room only!!! Emily, Georgianna, Jordan and Becky (our translator), acted out the story of Saul on the road to Damascus. I read from a big picture book and the girls made it come to life!!!! Academy Awards await them all. At this writing, I am recovering nicely from my shock at being handed an alligator straight from the Amazon River. Yes, it is true. It was a great adventure and I didn't even mess up my nails!!!

The people here are so hospitable and we are being blessed by their faithfulness in a place where there aren't many creature comforts.

We will have LOTS of stories to tell when we see you all again! In the meantime, please remember to pray for us!!!

Much love,

Scarlett O'Hara aka Sonja

I am so blessed to be here again with Jack, Jay and his family. God has blessed us this week. I enjoyed praising God with our special music in the service this morning. We will spend the next two days ministering to the folks in Sol Nascente. It will be wonderful to see the baptism and to have communion with them.

Love to all my family and friends,

Noni

P.S. Attn: family of Sue Rolf. Please pick her up on Friday at the airport....she told you Saturday, but she was wrong. She does not want to be left overnight. The baggage claim will not allow her to sleep there.

No comments:

Post a Comment